This release of Contacts brings all of the improvements that were previously available to consumer users.
The following business-specific features have also been added to help you and your colleagues get in touch with contacts more easily. You can now:
- Add new contact information that will default to “Work” instead of “Home” field types.
- View domain directory contact details interwoven inline with any contact details you’ve added yourself.
- Add contacts from the domain directory to your “My Contacts” list in a single click.
- Manage groups more easily by quickly adding email addresses to groups, and picking from a contact’s multiple email addresses to use on a group-by-group basis.
- Revert changes to your Contacts for up to 30 days in case you need to restore deleted or merged contacts, or undo an import.
Note: These improvements do not affect the standalone version of Contacts outside of Gmail but we hope to make them available soon.
Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education
Administrator Control Panel: US English Only (Next Generation)
Gmail: All languages supported by Gmail
How to access what's new:
- To see the new Contacts interface, admins must opt-in in the administrator control panel to enable the new Contacts features.
- In the administrator control panel, go to ‘Services’, then ‘Contacts' and select the checkbox ‘Preview the new contact manager in Gmail’.
Note: In order to see the opt-in checkbox, the control panel must be set to the ‘next generation’ version which is US English only.
For more information:
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates